Monday, January 19, 2009

For the nag

I received an email from my SIL nagging me about my blog and the fact that I have not updated it for a few months. I know I have neglected my blog but I've been BUSY! But since I did say I would try to post something every week not every 12 weeks I will try to update everyone on the last few months of The Stunning Six's escapades.

On November 18th YaYa turned 14. I don't know how that happened. Where have I been? I can still see so clearly the day the doctor handed her to me and said, "It's a girl!" Until that day 14 years ago I had no idea that my heart was capable of that kind of love.

On November 20th Little Bitty had her tonsils and adenoids out. The operation was a success and her recovery time was almost nil. She was a trooper and did amazingly well. The only lasting effect seems to be that her tonsils were somehow hard-wired to her self-control. With the tonsils out she has been a feisty little thing. Sometimes a real stinker. But still so precious. I have no doubt that one day she will rule the world.

In mid December I took YaYa and a friend to a concert. Wanna feel your age? Go to a concert with a couple of teenagers. Gone are the days of cigarette lighters lighting up the night. The lighters have been replaced by cell phone lighting. All different shapes, sizes and abilities. Some were videoing the concert, others were texting, and still others were letting friends who had not been able to go listen live over the airways. I should also note that it took me two full days to recover even though there was no alcohol involved. Yet another indication that I am old.

We spent Christmas at home. And it was bliss. We went back and forth on the idea of going out of town but 3 days before Christmas we decided it would most likely be a disaster ending with at least one of us left on the side of the road in a small, backwoods town.

In December we also learned that DH had received a promotion. He is now VP of Construction! To say, "I am proud" is an understatement. I continue to feel blessed that this man is my husband and the father of my four beautiful children.

For New Year's Eve I again forgot that I am a member of the "close to 40" set. I booked a suite and took YaYa and 3 of her friends to the hotel to ring in the new year. The girls had fun. I was exhausted. I finally went to sleep at 3:00am. The girls gave in at 7:30am. Again, even though no alcohol was involved it took me several days to recover.

So that's pretty much it in a nutshell. We continue to be blessed. All six of us are healthy, happy and loved. What else could I possibly ask for?

1 comment:

Stephanie Little said...

I love the humor and poignancy you simultaneously bring to blogging! :-)