Thursday, September 18, 2008

Momma doesn't go outside

Those that know me well know two things for sure. One is that since the twins were born I rarely leave the house. The second is I do not go outside. I am not one who enjoys the out of doors. When A.J. suggests "Outside!" my reply is always the same. "Honey, you know Momma doesn't go outside." Thankfully, DH does not have the same feelings so outside play always falls to him.

So it will come as a huge shock to everyone that I took Hay, A.J., and Little Bitty to the park today for a playdate with some other moms and dads in my multiples club. And I have pictures to prove it!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness again!!!! I have never told anyone that I don't go outside but I have harbored a secret guilt about it for 14 years!!! You are so transparent and it is liberating to those of us who hide from the world for fear of judgment. I always see these perfectly gymsuited women walking there two and half kids in the park and I'm thinking who does your laundry? How in the world is it possible for you to go outside??? I bought a giant climb on thing (the expensive kind) for the backyard thinking my kids might finally see the light of day but they don't want to use it because I don't want to go out there to push them (tell me that wasn't a collosal waste of money but don't tell their grandmothers who actually paid for it). And it is not laziness either! Its just good and conscientious mothers wanting to complete the 50 million big and little things that are very important for the kids lives that need to be done inside that only we mothers can do (organize drawers, purge closets of too small clothes, make lists of new things they need, fill out forms for school events, do laundry, cook dinner and the most important of them all is sit at the computer connecting with others over the age of 3! So BRAVO for your bravery! You have liberated me from the guilt of 14 years!!! PS Are we not supposed to use our names (yours, mine or any of our kids) on this thing?

Unknown said...

P.S. = I don't want to use the kids' real names but I don't really care mine. By the way did you notice my nickname? The one you gave me when I was little.